If you have an irrigation system in your garden, yard, or even indoors, then you must be looking for an easier and convenient way to have smart sprinkler systems to control the watering. With the latest technology upgrades, there are many wireless sprinkler controllers are being available in the market. We will provide you the WiFi sprinkler controller comparison and reviews here to help you get the smart WiFi sprinkler controller systems.
The main advantage of having a WiFi enabled sprinkler controller system is, you can connect it to your home internet network and can control each sprinkler with your fingertips from anyplace. It will also help you to cut your water bills and save your money. Check this post and get your best sprinkler controller.
Best Smart Sprinkler Controller
1) Rachio Smart Sprinkler Controller System, 8 Zone 2nd Generation
The Rachio smart sprinkler system gives you full access to control your watering. You can view schedules and run sprinklers accordingly. You can also share the controlling access through your Android, iOS or other devices. This sprinkler controller is the bestseller on Amazon in Automatic Irrigation Controllers category.
The 2nd generation 8 zone wireless sprinkler controller from Rachio is equipped with all the modern features, like:
- It automatically optimizes the watering schedule by getting the latest forecast, which means you will not water while it rains
- This smart watering system is the category leader and highest rated sprinkling controller
- You can control it from anywhere and anytime with your phone, tablet, or laptop devices
- You can keep your plants healthy by providing only needed watering and also save up to 50% of your water consumption
- The advanced watering algorithms, latest irrigation science methods, and the specified yard details; these are the features which make it accurate in scheduling the customized sprinkler system
- EPA WaterSense Certified sprinkler controller system
- It also works with Alexa
2) Rachio 8ZULW WiFi Sprinkler Controller System for Alexa, 8 Zone 1st Generation
Again, Rachio 8ZULW WiFi sprinkler controller system allows you to water your plants and home loan with true intelligence. It gives you complete visibility and control over the irrigation system.
Features of the 1st generation Rachio 8ZULW WiFi Sprinkler Controller System are:
- The smart dashboard allows you to see everything at one place, whether it is your Iro’s status, watering zones, schedules, and much more
- With your iOS, Android, or laptop devices, you can control the irrigation system from anyplace and anytime
- The real-time weather and seasonal forecast are automatically read by the system which helps an automatic scheduling of watering
- It calibrates the slope, sun exposure, vegetation, soil, and nozzle type
- You can choose between the local and international weather stations for the accurate data reading
- You can make adjustments by yourself to tune it according to your specific landscape
- Easy installation process and works with Alexa
- EPA WaterSense Certified
3) RainMachine 2nd Generation Touch HD-12 Smart WiFi Irrigation Controller
In the era of WiFi enabled irrigation controller systems, the RainMachine is also an excellent option to have. It is an integrated WiFi sprinkler system which gives you automated savings. You can save water up to 80% per week or even per month with its automatic climate reading technology.
The RainMachine 2nd Generation WiFi Enabled Smart Sprinkler Controller is equipped with the features like:
- It gets weather updates from multiple resources like Metno, NOAA.GOV, NetAtmo, and other personal and local weather stations to have an accurate watering scheduling
- With the step-by-step DIY instructions, you can easily install it in just 15 minutes
- It is WaterSense certified which meets EPA criteria for performance and efficiency
- This wireless irrigation controller system is equipped with a 6.5” touch screen color display which gives you in-depth monitoring at your fingertips
- Whether you are at work, at home, or even on vacation, you can control your sprinkler system with the RainMachine WiFi irrigation controller with your phone, laptop, or tablet
4) Orbit 57946 B-hyve Smart Indoor/Outdoor 6-Station WiFi Sprinkler System Controller
In our list of the best smart sprinkler controller reviews and comparison, the Orbit 57946 B-hyve is at fourth place, not because of it has the lack of features, but because of the so much competition in the market. The Orbit WiFi Sprinkler System Controller comes with tons of features that can force you to get it for controlling the watering system for your yard, garden or home lawn.
Check the features of the Orbit 57946 B-hyve Indoor/Outdoor WiFi Sprinkler System Controller below:
- It is easy to install indoors or outdoors
- Comes with a waterproof lockbox to keep it safe
- It adjusts and schedules the sprinkling system according to the forecast of the local weather conditions
- You can also customize the programming and reschedule the watering process
- WaterSense technology certified
- It saves up to 50% water consumption compared to the traditional irrigation controllers
5) SkyDrop WiFi Smart Sprinkler Controller
The SkyDrop WiFi enabled sprinkler controller system offers you eight independent zones which can be extended to 16 zones to get customized and specific watering scheduling for your landscape. If you have a yard with different types of soil, slope, and sunny as well as shady areas, then this wireless sprinkler controller is perfect for you.
Features of SkyDrop WiFi Sprinkler Controller Smart System are:
- You can manage the watering from your phone, computer or even with Alexa with the help of SkyDrop WiFi Sprinkler Controller from anyplace and anytime
- It is featured with SkyDrop’s self-regulating controller which helps to customize the watering by considering the local weather forecast
- Easy and quick installation process which can be done in a few minutes
- It saves your money and time, helps to save up to 50% of water consumption
- You can also adjust and modify the scheduling of the sprinkler system
- It works with all the best home network systems including Amazon Echo, Dot, Nest, etc.
All of the above smart sprinkler systems are reliable and having a good quality. The best sprinkler controller system simplifies the garden and house lawn care. It helps to reduce the water consumption and saves your time and money. Compare the best irrigation controller systems mentioned above and choose the right product with the modern technology.
Drip Irrigation Advantages and Disadvantages – A Detailed Guide
Drip irrigation or trickle irrigation is exactly what the name suggests – irrigating lands or crops through the drip mechanism. It involves slowly dripping water through a system that requires pipes and drippers.
This form of irrigation differs from surface irrigation in that it is slow and wets only the roots of the plant. It does not wet the entire soil. It is most suitable for crops that require high irrigation and requires frequent application – once in 2-3 days.
Here are a few things you should know about drip irrigation:
- Because it is expensive, it is mostly only used for high-value crops. These may include vegetables and soft fruits.
- Even though you can apply the drip irrigation method in all types of soil, the way you do it depends on the soil. For example, in the case of clay soil, you should do it extremely slowly.
- The water used in drip irrigation must not contain sediments. If it does, it should be filtered first. Otherwise, it can block the emitters.
- Drip irrigation is ideal for saline water.
- It is also a great choice in areas that face water scarcity because it makes the most efficient use of water.
Drip irrigation advantages and disadvantages
Advantagessmart sprinkler systems to control
- It is highly efficient and does not wastewater
- It minimizes nutrient loss and leaching
- It is safe to use recycled water
- Farmers enjoy the maximum yield
- No soil erosion
- Better seed germination
- You do not need to level the fields
- Weeds will not grow
- Fertilizers do not get wasted
- Operational and energy costs are minimal
- The initial set up costs quite a lot of money
- Moisture distribution is not great
- Water must be filtered adequately to eliminate the problem of clogging
- Drip irrigation is a skill-oriented job and may need initial training
- Tubes may not last long due to the sun
Drip irrigation has proven to be very helpful, resulting in excellent yields. It is a blessing for farmers that face water scarcity and other such problems. However, due to the initial costs, many do not use this method. Having said that, you should know that the costs are only high during the setup. Once you are through with that, the operational costs are very low. Plus, it increases efficiency and improves yield in the long run.
If you have any other doubts about drip irrigation, please feel free to drop a comment.