Rachio Iro Smart Sprinkler Controller Review
Water is must for the sound irrigation system. Nature requires water to be healthy and sound. But harvesters and landscape managers face the issues of the expensive and limited amount of water in the fields due to changes in climate conditions globally. To resolve the serious matter, smart sprinkler controller came into the picture.
The farmers and irrigation managers can plan the quantity and timings of watering the lawns and crops with the help of smart irrigation technologies. For proper growth of plants, it is important to uphold precise watering to avoid over or under watering problems. Nowadays, the home irrigation systems are measured tenuously through the smartphone.
Many types of smart sprinkler systems are available on the market, and one of the most famed is Rachio Iro other than other controllers. I would like to discuss the design, features, pros, and cons of Rachio Iro Gen 2 Sprinkler Controller, so that you can get familiar with it.
It measures 7.3 by 7.3 by 2.2 inches. A wall-mounting plate and snap-on face encompass controller circuitry. There is blue Rachio logo on the white face that has small LED indicators and power jack. You can control it with the help of iOS or Android device or a Web Console.
Features Rachio Iro Sprinkler Controller
- There are quick connect wire receptacles on mounting plate for eight watering zones.
- It includes mounting screws, AC power supply and installation guide.
- It can connect to your home router by using 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi.
- You can instal it indoors. (For outdoors, it has optional enclosure)
- Easy installation and setup makes it liked by many people.
- It works up to 16 zones.
- In all weather conditions, the optional outdoor enclosure shields the controller. It is waterproof.
- You can directly water from the controller. The local control is possible due to manual access.
Benefits of the App
With the help of the official app, you can make use of remote control through phone or computer. You can enjoy real-time notifications. The app keeps the record of detailed water usage. You can also share access with others.
Now, Let me show you some advantages and disadvantages of Rachio Iro Pro Generation 2 Sprinkler Controller System.
- It is easy to install.
- You can enjoy lots of scheduling options.
- It features well-designed app.
- It provides water usage reports and supports ample zones.
- To adjust the watering schedule, it makes use of weather data that helps in conserving water.
- It is expensive.
- It does not control onboard.
- The base model is not waterproof.
- For data, it is dependent on Rachio’s servers only.
From Rachio Gen 2 Review here, I can make out that this sprinkler system helps in setting watering schedules. It makes use of Wi-Fi to support remote control operations. It influences weather forecasts. People with an in-ground sprinkler system considered this irrigation system as one of the best choices. You will find that it reacts to actual weather conditions and forecasts. Through its inbuilt app, you can control your sprinklers from anywhere in the world.
Overall, the Rachio Iro Generation 2 Smart Sprinkler Controller is an amazing system that you should get for your home lawn or garden.