From agriculture to gardening, from food item’s quality to aquarium or pool maintenance, a pH meter or pH tester are widely used to measure the basicity or acidity of the substance accurately. If you know the right pH level, then you can get more benefits from the particular field. The best pH meter or a best pH tester will help you to know the correct pH level of the food, water, soil, medicine, and many other substances.
Top Rated PH meters
1) Jellas Pocket Size PH Meter / PH Tester
The pocket-sized pH meter from Jellas is one of the best aquarium pH meters available in the market today. It is the best seller on Amazon in the category of Lab pH Meters.
- It is great for home and laboratory use where you want to measure the pH level of aquariums, pools, water, food, wine, spas, etc.
- It has a measuring range of 0-14.0 pH and a 0.1 pH resolution
- The LCD will simultaneously display you the pH results which are reliable and easily readable
- It is a pocket-sized pH meter which has weight of only 1.76Oz making it easy to store and carry
- It comes with an On/Off switch which makes it easily operable
- Easy to calibrate with simple instructions to follow
- The design is good, but not tough, so you need to be careful from any accidental damage
- Calibration doesn’t last too long
2) MoonCity 3-in-1 Soil pH Tester, Light and Moisture Meter
MoonCity has designed this best pH soil tester which also measures the light and moisture. It will help you to take more care of your plants and soil by giving perfect pH/acidity reading and let you when you need to supply water.
- Easy-to-operate, just plug into the soil, and it will display the pH level/acidity
- It requires no outside power; no batteries, no electric plug, which makes it purely portable and useful anywhere anytime
- Compact and portable design allows you to use indoors/outdoors
- Gives scientifically accurate readings
- Perfect for gardener and planter
- You should be careful if your soil contains stones, the soil pH meter can be broken
- It only tests soils, so if you want a multitasker pH meter to measure the water and soil both, then you should not go with it
3) Oakton EcoTestr pH 2+ Waterproof pH Tester
The 35423-10 EcoTestr pH 2+ from Oakton is a waterproof and dustproof pH tester which measures liquid pH level and floats. It is widely used in swimming pools, water treatment, educational purpose, and aquiculture.
- It has a pH measuring range of 0.0 to 14.0
- It comes with a three points calibration capability to offer a vast range of results
- ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation) gives you perfect reading even if the temperature is fluctuating with a range from 0 to 50 degrees
- Dustproof and waterproof design makes it resistant to the objects and liquids
- It includes an upright, single-line, and large LCD which shows easy-to-read indicators
- Poor customer service
- Even if you do not use it frequently, you have to recalibrate it after a period
4) HealthyWiser Digital pH Meter
If you have done enough with your chemicals and paper strips to test the pH level, then get this digital pH meter from HealthyWiser. It will provide a hassle-free, one-touch, and accurate readings of the pH level.
- Easy-to-read digital display with a large screen
- It calibrates automatically with a touch of a button
- pH measurement ranges of 0.00 to 14.00 pH
- Gives perfect reading in fluctuation temperature (0-50-degree)
- Great for aquarium, pool, spa, and other water pH measurement
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Comes with a carrying case which is convenient for use
- Plastic design gives you a cheap feel
- Durability is questionable
5) HM Digital PH-80 pH HydroTester
With a one-touch auto calibration and a simultaneous pH level and temperature display makes the HM Digital PH-80 an electronic pH tester. You do need a screwdriver to set it once it is zero. It comes with a pH buffer pack.
- It has a water resistant housing which makes it resistant against liquid
- Measures both temperature and pH level
- Automatic calibration function gives you relief from calibrating it manually
- Lightweight and sleek design makes it extremely portable and easy-to-carry
- ±2% readout accuracy with 1pH resolution and 0-14 pH range
- Ideal for aquarium, spas, pools, gardening, reef tanks, and more
- Not durable for longer use
- Sometimes gives false reading
6) Dr.meter S30 3-in-1 Soil pH Meter
The Dr.meter S30 is one of the best soil pH meters available in the market today. It is a combination of a wood moisture meter and soil moisture meter. You just need to plug it in your soil, and it will show you the moisture level and pH readings instantly.
- It is affordable and favorite among global users
- Compact and portable design is perfect for indoor and outdoor use
- Color-coded readings make it easy to know when you should give water to your plants
- Probe is long enough to reach to the root of the plant
- Rapid response and high accuracy
- False readings if you put it in water, soil, sand, vinegar, etc. simultaneously
7) Vantacool Digital pH Meter
This electronic pH tester from Vantacool gives you accurate pH readings easily. As it is fragile, you should use it carefully. You can use it in a wide range of water applications.
- This electronic pH tester is used widely in laboratories and households
- Perfect for measuring pH level of water in pools, spas, RO units, aquariums, roof tanks, etc.
- It gives you relief from analyzing color charts and test strips to know the accurate reading
- Full range of 0-14 pH measurements with a 0.05 accuracy and 0.01 pH resolution
- ATC feature adjusts with the temperature changes
- Works perfect, but doesn’t last too long
- Often gives unsteady readings on the same substance
- Fragile glass bulb broke easily; you need to be very careful while using it
How will you choose the best pH meter/tester?
Though the pH meter/tester is meant for providing the exact pH level of a substance and all the pH meters do this job, there are certain things you need to consider. You should choose a pH tester according to your personal or professional use. A variety of input choices, digital displays, options for conversion, etc. can add the value to the price of a pH meter/tester.
For example, a holographic pH sensor can measure the pH level of a compound through its color only. There are specialized pH meters are also available like soil pH tester, electronic pH tester, aquarium pH meter, food pH testers, etc. The above list of the best pH meter/tester reviews of 2017 will help you to get the right product according to your budget and choice.